HOA & Property Management Mediation
Arthur Mediation is skilled at HOA & Property Management mediation services and creating a collaborative-facilitative environment where everyone involved is encouraged come to agreement and settle disputes without going through the expensive and stressful legal process involving high-priced lawyers.
"Really appreciated her neutrality and desire to understand. Calm presence and demeanor which was beneficial."
Defendant, Breach of Contract, El Paso County Court
"Very professional and kind. Didn't take sides and listened to us both.”
Property Manager, Landlord/Tenant Dispute
The Result: A “win-win” situation for all parties involved.
Homeowner Association (HOA) Mediation:
The rules and guidelines of the HOA are set up in what is often referred to as the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&Rs). New buyers are usually given this document prior to home purchase so they know what guidelines to follow such as prohibiting bad behavior, how to maintain uniformity of the property, obligation of how to maintain the condition and value of the property.
What most people don’t understand or realize is that the HOA contract states that mediation must first be attempted to resolve issue(s) prior to litigation.
If you live in a community where you are required participate in an HOA, then you may know of someone who has had the “pleasure” of encountering problems or you may be experiencing issues now. On the other hand, you may be on an HOA board or work for an HOA and having issues with a homeowner... whatever the case...
Our services can really benefit you because we understand the practice of HOA’s and communities that utilize their services. We have successfully mediated cases inside and outside of the court system.
HOA Disagreements we can help you resolve:
- Rules or Regulations Outlined in the Contract
- Nuisance Issues
- Home Business
- Odors (garbage, smoke, fumes)
- Areas of Concern Between HOA Board/Staff and Homeowner's
- Noises (music, instruments, t.v/home theatres, yelling/loud conversations)
- Animal Related Matters (barking, scat, leash laws, number of “allowable” pets)
Neighbor to Neighbor Disputes
- Parking Issues
- Trimming Trees
- Obstruction of View
- Renter’s Bad Behavior
- Bullying Between Children and/or Adults
Property Management Companies:Types of properties managed by companies can include apartments, condominiums, single family homes, townhomes and/or commercial property. Due to number of people involved, concerns can arise between:
- Property Owners and the Management Company
- Property Management Company and the Tenants
- Combination of Any/All Parties Involved (owner, tenant, management company)
Common Property Management Issues We Specialize in Resolving:
- Contract Breach by Any Party
- Rent (setting amount, collection of rent, adjusting amount)
- Lack of Screening Tenants by Management Company
- Safety Concerns
- Property Damage
- Lease Termination/Eviction
- Refusing to Resolve Neighbor Disputes
Common Results Utilizing Mediation in HOA/Property Management Conflict(s):
- Maintain a peaceable living environment
- Avoid EXPENSIVE court and legal fees
- Avoid negative public record/public image
- Improve communication, relationships and expectations between parties
- The ability to preserve relationships within the community in which you live that will make for a more peaceful living environment.